Build Your Blog With These 5 Easy Tools
If you’re trying to level up your Creator career, gain new audiences, and bring in those coveted affiliate dollars, having a blog is still as valuable as ever. Whether it’s to publish blog posts with shoppable content, sponsored campaigns, holiday gift guides, or evergreen content to drive SEO value year-round, having a well-thought-out blog will help you drive earnings through affiliate content.
Ready for the best part? Having a blog puts you in control, giving you a channel you fully own. And ownership of your channel means you are free to create the content you want, not just content best optimized for the infamous algorithm.
While building a blog can seem intimidating, there are more tools now than ever before to help you create a custom website, no coding or graphic design experience needed.
The Easiest Tools for Building Your Own Website
To help cut through the clutter, these are our favorite five Creator-friendly tools for building an aesthetically-pleasing yet highly functional blog.
- WordPress: It may be hard to believe, but WordPress has been around for 20+ years, and for good reason! As the OG platform, with their extensive range of themes, plugins, and customization options, WordPress is unmatched in flexibility when tailoring your blog to any unique vision you have. Also, WordPress has very robust SEO features, great community support, and seamless integration with social media platforms. Fun fact: Noted (our Collective Voice blog article you’re reading right now) is hosted on our trusted WordPress.
- Squarespace: If you want a beautiful blog or simple landing page that’s easy enough for you to manage on your own, Squarespace remains one of our favorite solutions. Squarespace is known for its striking, minimal templates and easy-to-use interface; building a blog post can be as easy as dropping in text and photos. If you really want to step up your game, you can choose from a variety of optimization “blocks,” like one that allows you to display a carousel of similar articles that users can click to, or blocks that allow users to share your post across different social media platforms.
- Blogger: Blogger is a powerful platform for Creators, offering a user-friendly interface, customizable templates, and seamless integration with Google services. Blogger makes it easy to get started with their drag-and-drop functionality, and extensive customization options. Take advantage of their built-in tracking and analytics tools to better understand your audience and engagement metrics so you can optimize your content with data-driven decisions.
- Wix: Wix is a super versatile platform with an extensive set of comprehensive tools and features to effortlessly build a stunning blog. Not to mention, their collection of apps and integrations is essentially endless. Our favorite feature is how seamless their social media integration is, allowing you to promote your blog, expand your reach, and foster meaningful connections with your growing audience.
- Canva: Creators love Canva for its beautiful templates that can be used to create almost anything—Instagram stories, graphics, content calendars, and more. Did you know you can also build a one-page website with its easy-to-use tools and sleek, professional design capabilities? If you’re looking for a one-page, aesthetically-pleasing website that you can create in no time, look no further. Even better? Canva will also host the site for free.
Not ready to build out your blog yet? Luckily, link-in-bio tools have come a long way, like TapTo.Shop by Collective Voice! You can now build your own micro-site and include affiliate content that is highly curated to earn money in a more evergreen and effective way (especially from your social channels). And once you have your blog, TapTo.Shop will help you drive your audience to your blog.
We hope we’ve convinced and empowered you to take control of your Creator journey and enhance your earning potential by leveraging the power of blogging with these user-friendly tools. Please take advantage of these tools and know we’re here to support you every step of the way.