What Is Snapchat Plus? Everything Creators Need To Know
If you’re a frequent user of the Snapchat app, you may have heard about their new premium program available for purchase. But what is Snapchat Plus? How does it work, and what are the benefits for Creators?
Snapchat Plus is a subscription-based content model now available to their entire user base. It allows users to gain exclusive access to Snapchat’s tech updates and experience new features before anyone else. It also allows Creators to customize their app interface completely, creating a unique social experience.
Of course, as you can imagine, all this added enhancement comes at a cost. Before signing up and paying for a subscription, you may wonder if the benefits are worth it. Can these features help you grow your following and make more money as a Creator? As it turns out, the answer is yes. Below, read on as we cover everything related to Snapchat Plus. We’ll dive into the benefits for both regular users and content Creators.
A Look Inside: What Is Snapchat Plus and How Does It Work?
Now that we’ve answered the basic question–what is Snapchat Plus–you’re probably wondering, what does Snapchat Plus do? On their website, Snap Inc. describes this program as offering “…exclusive, experimental and pre-release features” to users. It levels up the traditional Snapchat experience, giving subscribed users even more ways to interact, connect, and share with their followers.
When you become a Snapchat Plus subscriber, you get exclusive and early access to an elevated, enhanced experience. This applies to both content Creators and everyday Snapchat users. This experience includes perks like more data and analytics, exclusive badges, content boosting, and more interaction abilities with friends and followers.
There is a catch, though. Subscribers will need to pay to take part in the Snapchat premium program, no matter who they are. Currently, a Snapchat Plus subscription will cost you just under $4/month. Yearly plan options are also available for those who wish to have long-term use of the benefits. Remember that these pricing and plan options can change without warning based on your county of residence or type of device. Be sure to check the app for all current pricing information.
What Is a Snapchat Plus Subscriber?
To better understand Snapchat Plus, we should understand who typically subscribes to this program. The benefits of being a Snapchat Plus subscriber are excellent, no matter what your end-use of the app is, as the exclusive access you receive can undoubtedly boost your content. So what is a Snapchat Plus subscriber, and why would you want to become one?
Snapchat Plus subscribers are typically top users and fans of the app. As you can imagine, this includes many Creators. After all, who better to try out and promote new features than the people using the platform the most?
Creators are widely considered to be the bread and butter of all social media, especially Snapchat. They sign up for this premium program to get access to the newest, most helpful features for creating engaging content, growing their following, and interacting with followers. The Snapchat premium program also allows Creators to pave the way for other users to experience new features.
Snapchat also looks to Creators to share their experience of the Plus program with their audience. This is done by attaching a Snapchat Plus Badge to any paid subscriber’s name.
However, it’s not only Creators who use Snapchat Plus. Snapchat has a huge user base, and Snapchat’s user statistics are impressive. As a whole, the social media platform has approximately 750 million daily active users. A wide majority are located in the U.S. and are between 15-25 years old. And a staggering 5+ billion Snaps are created every day. Highly active, invested users are also prime targets for Snapchat Plus. As huge fans of the app, they want more control over their content and experience.
What Are Snapchat Plus’ Features? Understanding 5 of the Most Popular
So, what are Snapchat Plus’ features, and how do you use them? The features available through Snapchat Plus are primarily geared toward sharing content, interacting with other users, and streamlining your app interface. These interactive tools allow Snapchat’s hardcore users, typically Creators, to get the most growth out of their content.
What are the best features for Creators? With options to help users and Creators reach more viewers and gain deeper insights, it’s hard to choose! Let’s take a look at five of the most popular Snapchat Plus features.
- Custom Story Expiration: This feature lets Creators select how long their story stays live, anywhere from one hour to one week. Having your content last longer can lead to an increase in views and reach.
- Story Boost: With this feature, you can supercharge your story to gain more views for 24 hours. Every Snapchat Plus subscription includes one story boost per week, which is a huge benefit for Creators interested in growing their following and engagement.
- Story Rewatch Indicator: With a Plus subscription, you can see how many people have rewatched your story. This gives you insight into what content is capturing people’s attention and has them returning for a second look.
- Snapchat Plus Badge: All subscribers get an exclusive black star badge which will attach to their username. This way, you let other platform members know you are proudly taking advantage of all the app offers.
- Priority Story Replies: As a Creator, you will see replies from subscribers categorized above other Story Replies. This can help to create better interactions with your audience, as you’ll be able to prioritize interacting with the most engaged Snapchat users.
How To Use Snapchat Plus As A Creator
How can this paid subscription plan help to boost your brand, product, or personal image? Well, it’s all about the added tools available to you, which encourage growth and engagement—the pillars of having a successful social media career.
As a Creator, you can use Snapchat Plus to:
- Get more views and followers: Through features like the Story Boost and Custom Story Expiration, you can ensure your content is seen by more users, increasing your potential reach and following.
- Gain audience insights: Pay attention to the statistics and insights from these features, and learn from them. For example, with the Story Rewatch feature, you will get key insights into what kind of content is drawing your audience in and keeping them coming back for more. Finding out what content is receiving the most views can help you further identify your social niche target audience.
- Produce more engaging content: Snapchat Plus offers customization tools for your content and the app itself. Creators are using premium features to keep their content and overall experience unique. Colors, icons, and backgrounds that no one else has—these are the kinds of fresh editing tools that are available to subscribers. This is a great way to unlock your full creative potential as a Creator.
To make the most of Snapchat Plus as a Creator, make sure you fully research and understand all of the available features that this subscription plan offers. This way, you can successfully harness their full power and ensure you’re getting the most bang for your buck.
Finally, make sure you are creating, posting, and promoting your content regularly. This will help to generate additional views, higher engagement, and, in turn, greater profits.
How To Make Money on Snapchat Plus as a Creator
With all of this in mind, you may be asking yourself, how to make money on Snapchat Plus? Can this premium plan help you better monetize your content? The answer is yes, but the methods can vary.
If you’re considering using Snapchat Plus to boost your profits, here are a few ways to do that:
- Sell Snapchat filters and lenses: Creators with graphic design and Photoshop skills can make some real money by creating and selling Snapchat filters and lenses. You can submit your lenses to Snapchat for other users to purchase. You can also work with brands and get paid by them for a sponsored, branded filter.
- Promote products using affiliate links: Snapchat is a great platform for promoting products and earning commission through affiliate links. With the features of Snapchat Plus, you can make sure your affiliate content works harder for you, getting more views, engagement, and potential sales!
- Partner with brands: Just as you would create and post sponsored content on other platforms—like your blog or Instagram—you can partner with brands for sponsored Snapchat content. With these added features, you can offer brands even more creativity, insights, and boosting potential to bring added value to your partnership.
- Ad revenue sharing: If you have a large following on Snapchat, you can take advantage of Snapchat’s ad rewards. There are some requirements to qualify for Snapchat’s Ad Revenue share program, but once you do, you can receive a cut of the revenue from ads shown on your content. This ad revenue model can become a way to generate passive income from the content you’re already creating on Snapchat. The added features can help you get more views and engagement, which leads to more ad revenue.
How To Get Snapchat Plus in Four Easy Steps
Now you’re all caught up, it’s time to put your new knowledge to the test and get a subscription plan of your own. That’s right—let’s get you signed up. As a Creator, you’ll be elevating your content, reach, and overall Snapchat experience in no time.
While this may seem obvious, you must first download the Snapchat app on your phone or device. Chances are, you have already done this part. Currently, the app is available on the App Store and Google Play. You can also access Snapchat on the web from your computer or tablet.
Next, it’s finally time to subscribe to the premium plan and unlock the app’s full potential. Below, we’ve outlined how to get Snapchat Plus in four easy steps. Grab your phone to follow along.
- Open the Snapchat app on your device.
- Tap on your profile icon in the top left-hand corner.
- Next, select the Snapchat Plus banner at the top of the screen.
- You now have the option to choose from a monthly or yearly subscription plan. Confirm your choice and follow the prompts on the screen to complete the subscription process.
Congratulations Creator, you’re now officially a Snapchat Plus subscriber. Remember that you may need to restart the app for new features to integrate fully. Get ready to try out all the exclusive features and get your content the attention it deserves.