What is Original Content and Why is it Important?
Our amazing community of influencers is built on Collective Voice’s ability to partner with hundreds of retailers and provide you with the best opportunities for growing your business.
When it comes to those partner relationships, original content plays a key role. By “original content”, we mean fresh, new material you’ve created. It’s content that doesn’t already exist or live elsewhere on the internet.
Producing original content is a great way to position yourself as an authentic, unique creator. It can lead to sponsorships, higher commission rates, and additional opportunities on the Collective Voice platform.
3 Rules to keep in mind when creating content
- Make sure the content doesn’t already exist. If you’re struggling to think of original ideas, think simple. Product reviews, tutorials, and personal recipes are great starting points.
- Showcase yourself to tell a story. Include your personal perspective, stories, anecdotes, and so on. The more relatable, the better!
- Avoid coupon and promotion stacking. It could result in non-commissionable orders and exclusion from our program. For the latest on which commissionable sales to promote, check out our weekly sales emails and blog posts.
examples of original content
- “Sephora’s big sale is here! These are all of my must-have favorite products currently in my cart: 1. VERB Dry Shampoo 2. Olaplex No 3 Treatment 3. Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask”
- “These slip-on shoes make it easy for my kids to get ready on their own.”
- “Clean-up after dinner has never been easier than with my Greenpan non-stick pans.”
- “These are the blue-light glasses I can’t live without while working from home.”